Here is a completed list of activities and the communication that will go out to parents today. There were some additions to the original list. This will continue to be updated as information becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Dear TDHS Families,
I’m usually not one to stay up late and ring in the new year but I have to say, I was a bit more celebratory this year than normal. Although there is still no date for reopening the school, there are some glimmers of hope as vaccines begin to roll out in our community. We expect further guidance from the Oregon Department of Education sometime around January 19th which should include updated metrics and guidance for reopening.
Another positive is that days are growing longer, not shorter. Each month adds about an hour of daylight as we move through the winter months. I want to encourage students to take advantage of the extra daylight and participate in one of the outdoor activities that will continue through the winter months. Below is a list of activities that are currently underway or will resume shortly. All students must register through Family ID prior to participating in any of the athletic activities below if they haven’t done so already. If you’re unsure whether or not you have registered, please contact Andrea Ganders at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541.506.3400.
• Cross Country Training – Monday and Friday@ Sorosis Park, Wednesday@ TDHS 3:45 – Dark
• Girls Soccer Training – Tuesday and Thursday@ Wahtonka Campus 4:00 – 5:00
• Football Training – Tuesday and Thursday@ Wahtonka Campus 4:00 – 5:30
• Girls Tennis – Tuesday and Wednesday@ TDHS 3:45 – Dark
• Girls Basketball – Monday through Friday@ TDMS 3:45 – Dark resumes 1/11
• Boys Golf – Monday and Thursday @ TD Golf Club 4:00 – Dark
• Girls Golf- Individualized sessions@ Goldendale Golf Club (contact Coach Amy Wilson to reserve times/dates: email@example.com)
• Ski Team -Thursday and Friday@ Mt Hood Meadows. (contact Dane Klindt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.)
– Cheer – Tuesday and Thursday @ Wahtonka 4:00 – Dark
• Robotics-Tuesday and Thursday@ TDHS Campus west parking lot 3:30- Dark. (Contact Charles Webber at email@example.com to sign up.)
• “Build a Better Athlete” Training/Agility/Conditioning with Laura (Athletic Trainer)- Monday through Thursday 4:00 – 5:00 on Amotan Field resumes 1/18
• Track and Field – Monday and Wednesday@ Wahtonka 4:00 to 5:30 resumes 1/18
The main office and counseling offices are open daily from 7:30 -3:30. Don’t hesitate to call (541-506- 3400) or stop by the window if you have any questions or concerns. Spanish speaking families may call 541-506-3449 x2009.
Vice Principal/Athletic Director
The Dalles High School
(541) 506-3449 ext 2003
RISE AND SOAR WITH US.